Over-the-Top Video Advertising (Connected TV/OTT)
What is it and how it can it help you reach customers who use internet- streamed television or movie services, all while being measurable. These ads are displayed on the most poplar streaming services
What is Over-the-Top Video Advertising?
Over-the-Top (OTT) advertising is video advertising that is delivered during internet- streamed television or movie services, rather than delivered via cable or satellite television. Think Apple TV®, Amazon Fire®, Roku®, and even PlayStation®, Xbox® or a streaming service viewed on a laptop or mobile device. OTT advertising is similar to traditional TV advertising, but for these newer, alternative TV devices.
OTT ads are 15 or 30 seconds in length, and may be delivered as pre-roll, mid-roll or post-roll, just like video ads.
Measure the success of the Over-the-Top video advertising campaign. We’ll provide full reports and transparency on where your ad is being displayed and more. We offer reports sent Monthly, daily, weekly or whenever it’s needed.
Measure the performance of OTT ad campaigns by looking at the following metrics:
- Impressions — The number of times the OTT ad has been served.
- Completions — The percentage of total ad plays wherein the video runs from start tofinish.
- Clicks — How many times a viewer clicked on the ad.
- CTR — The ratio of clicks to impressions.
Note that the performance metrics of OTT ads are not an exact science. One impression doesn’t necessarily mean only one person saw it, especially when the ad is viewed on larger screens, where it is common for there to be multiple viewers watching a single device.
All these factors can be broken down via individual websites and apps on our reports to provide transparency.
Targeting is chosen by the advertiser/Eves digital to best suit the goals of the advertising campaign.
- Demographic targeting — Utilizes third-party data to target people based on gender, age, income level, educational background and family size.
- Geographic targeting — Utilizes ZIP codes, city, state and country information to target people based on their devices’ locations.
- Audience interest targeting — Targets people based on their browsing, email and purchase history.
- Retargeting is targeting a specific audience or prospective buyer — again. This can helps an advertiser stay top of mind and give their customers more opportunities to connect with the brand and/or purchase a desired product/service.
Remember that OTT ads occupy 100% of available screen space.
Our Process & Workflow
Digital advertising, like all forms of advertising, is far more effective when the right building blocks are in place: a solid strategy, compelling creative and a clear CTA (Call-To-Action). All three of these are required to have a successful campaign.
Our process involves putting together a custom action plan with these three processes involved from start to finish.
When using Radio + Digital Adverising your message can have a strong and consistent image for your brand wherever people look/hear. Plus, by combining mediums will reach a wider audience and resonate more than independent campaigns and bulnding campaigns is more cost effective.
Strategy is the brains of your campaign. A great strategy will help you achieve results by defining the methods, channels, timing, budget and success metrics.
We use a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) goals framework approach.
Creative is the heart of your campaign. It should make target audiences feel a certain way — and then act accordingly.
Research out of the University of Cologne published in Harvard Business Review shows that more creative campaigns are more effective in influencing purchasing behavior.
The action of your campaign. What are you asking the target audience to do? Keep it simple.
Experiment with unique CTAs, as long as they don’t overcomplicate your ask.
Ensure the CTA aligns with the campaign style and tone. We'll help you choose the right one for your campaign.